Photo credit: Louisiana Museum of Modern Art
If you haven’t been to this beautiful museum across the Sound in Denmark, it’s definitely time for a visit. Considered the most important museum of modern art in Northern Europe, Louisiana is famous for its innovative look at contemporary art and stunning surroundings. Its permanent collection holds over 3000 works and 8-12 special exhibitions are held every year.
We’ll meet at Knutpunkten and travel together, with everyone responsible for purchasing their own tickets for travel and museum entry. We recommend buying the combined return travel and museum entrance ticket at the Scandlines ticket desk (275 SEK for adults, see link for child & over 65s’ discount). We’ve chosen the bus route from Helsingör as it takes us directly to Louisiana.
You’re free to look at the exhibits by yourself or with other HIC guests, and to return at the time that suits you best. We hope to meet at the cafe for lunch, too! We’ll decide on the day, depending on the wishes of the group.
Louisiana Museum of Modern Art
09:15 Meet at the Scandlines ticket desk upstairs in Knutpunkten (Helsingborg C)
09:30 Take ferry to Helsingör (arrives 09:50)
10:20 Take bus 388 from Helsingör Station to Louisiana Museum (arrives 10:37)
11:00 Louisana Museum opens
Photo credit: Visit Copenhagen
Why does our region need international talent?
What networks and initiatives are available to support it?
How can HIC help your company attract and retain your international recruitment investment?
How can our network facilitate your internationalisation and export processes?
- Helsingborg International Connections (HIC) is an on-and-offline meeting place for English-speaking expats in Helsingborg and the wider Öresund Region. We have been working to support international residents in this region since the beginning of 2014. Our events help build bridges among the HIC network, Helsingborg Stad and the business community. Our members and contacts include CEOs, management consultants, entrepreneurs, “love immigrants”, students, pensioners, refugees, seekers of work/life balance and many more
- We aim to create opportunities for social and professional networking in a variety of settings. HIC events are held in English to ensure that as many internationals as possible can communicate in a common language. Our topics are varied but all have one theme – a desire to inform, enrich, connect and empower
- We know that our network makes a difference. Let us show you how we can help your local or international business, your international employees and build a strong future for this region: HIC, the “one-stop shop” for expat relocation, networking and soft landing services! We look forward to meeting you!
17:30 – 18:00 Arrival & refreshments
18:00 Guest Speakers
- HIC introduction
- Claes Malmberg (Helsingborgs Stad)
- Jeremie Poirier (THINK Accelerate, #GrowHbg)
- Tim Washington (Walk Consulting & THINK mentor)
- Mårten Bernstad (anyhap)
- Fairooz Al-Tamimi (Innovation Skåne)
- WiTEC representative
Q & A
19:30 – 20:00 Mingle
Introduction to HIC – Jenny Wieslander Chandler, Sally Russell and Iwona Tattersall
Guest Speakers – We are delighted to introduce Claes Malmberg, manager of Näringslivs Utveckling (Business Enterprise Development) at Helsingborgs Stad and Jeremie Poirier, director of International Strategy & Start-up Development at THINK Accelerate and co-founder of #GrowHbg to talk about the local business climate and the importance of international entrepreneurs in Helsingborg and the wider region. They will be followed by Tim Washington of Walk Consulting, a THINK mentor, and Mårten Bernstad of anyhap, a THINK Accelerate start-up and mentee.
After the break we will listen to the very inspiring Fairooz Al-Tamimi, today talking on behalf of Innovation Skåne, and a representative from WiTEC who will tell us about an exciting project called Mind The Gap, designed to introduce more young women to STEM careers (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths).
This event will be ideal for members of the region’s business community, individual and budding entrepreneurs, HIC members and friends, and everyone interested in what our local international community has to offer.
Claes Malmberg, Näringslivs Utveckling
Jeremie Poirier, THINK and #GrowHbg
Tim Washington, Walk Consulting
Mårten Bernstad, anyhap
Fairooz Al-Tamimi, Innovation Skåne
Address: Drottninggatan 7A, 252 21 Helsingborg
Public transport: Nearest bus stop is Helsingborg Rådhuset and Helsingborg C train station is a 5 minute walk away