HIC is pleased to co-host this event with HBG Business Community Meetup!
We would like to invite you to HBG Business Community MEET: A concept where guest speakers from international companies are invited to talk.
This time we proudly present Evelina Börjesson, Business Developer at IKEA.
The evening is kicked off with an introduction by Calle Norling from Social Business Lab and Sally Russell from Helsingborg International Connections, followed up by our guest speaker Evelina Börjesson. The evening is ended with a mingle and some fika!
To attend the event, RVSP via this link:
More info about HBG Business Community:
HBG Business Community is a platform for information on working in Sweden and about the Swedish business community. With integration as a primary focus, we want to create meaningful connections with the intention to establish a professional community that exchanges knowledge, experience and inspiration.
This new edition of HBG Business Community includes some changes. The meetups have been divided into three different concepts:
TALKS is an opportunity to listen to talks on a particular theme.
MEET invites the attendants to listen to guest speakers from different companies.
OPEN SESSIONS is an opportunity to discuss and get advice on working in Sweden. Kind of like a speech café!
Join us for coffee at Via 95 as we welcome new and “old” international friends to the area! Drop in for a chat, meet some new people, pick our brains about local services and mingle in this beautiful restaurant by the sea!
Time: 10:00 to 11:30
Venue: Via 95, Drottninggatan 95, 254 33 Helsingborg
Looking forward to seeing you then,
Sally, Jenny and Iwona!
Why does our region need international talent?
What networks and initiatives are available to support it?
How can HIC help your company attract and retain your international recruitment investment?
How can our network facilitate your internationalisation and export processes?
- Helsingborg International Connections (HIC) is an on-and-offline meeting place for English-speaking expats in Helsingborg and the wider Öresund Region. We have been working to support international residents in this region since the beginning of 2014. Our events help build bridges among the HIC network, Helsingborg Stad and the business community. Our members and contacts include CEOs, management consultants, entrepreneurs, “love immigrants”, students, pensioners, refugees, seekers of work/life balance and many more
- We aim to create opportunities for social and professional networking in a variety of settings. HIC events are held in English to ensure that as many internationals as possible can communicate in a common language. Our topics are varied but all have one theme – a desire to inform, enrich, connect and empower
- We know that our network makes a difference. Let us show you how we can help your local or international business, your international employees and build a strong future for this region: HIC, the “one-stop shop” for expat relocation, networking and soft landing services! We look forward to meeting you!
17:30 – 18:00 Arrival & refreshments
18:00 Guest Speakers
- HIC introduction
- Claes Malmberg (Helsingborgs Stad)
- Jeremie Poirier (THINK Accelerate, #GrowHbg)
- Tim Washington (Walk Consulting & THINK mentor)
- Mårten Bernstad (anyhap)
- Fairooz Al-Tamimi (Innovation Skåne)
- WiTEC representative
Q & A
19:30 – 20:00 Mingle
Introduction to HIC – Jenny Wieslander Chandler, Sally Russell and Iwona Tattersall
Guest Speakers – We are delighted to introduce Claes Malmberg, manager of Näringslivs Utveckling (Business Enterprise Development) at Helsingborgs Stad and Jeremie Poirier, director of International Strategy & Start-up Development at THINK Accelerate and co-founder of #GrowHbg to talk about the local business climate and the importance of international entrepreneurs in Helsingborg and the wider region. They will be followed by Tim Washington of Walk Consulting, a THINK mentor, and Mårten Bernstad of anyhap, a THINK Accelerate start-up and mentee.
After the break we will listen to the very inspiring Fairooz Al-Tamimi, today talking on behalf of Innovation Skåne, and a representative from WiTEC who will tell us about an exciting project called Mind The Gap, designed to introduce more young women to STEM careers (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths).
This event will be ideal for members of the region’s business community, individual and budding entrepreneurs, HIC members and friends, and everyone interested in what our local international community has to offer.
Claes Malmberg, Näringslivs Utveckling
Jeremie Poirier, THINK and #GrowHbg
Tim Washington, Walk Consulting
Mårten Bernstad, anyhap
Fairooz Al-Tamimi, Innovation Skåne
Address: Drottninggatan 7A, 252 21 Helsingborg
Public transport: Nearest bus stop is Helsingborg Rådhuset and Helsingborg C train station is a 5 minute walk away