Volunteering is a perfect way of getting to know new people and expand your network, essential when you move to a new country. Volunteers bring an organisation a fresh perspective, different skills and new ideas, while individuals can benefit from the companionship and sense of satisfaction found in shared activities.
We’ve had a wonderful pool of volunteers to call on, which frees up time at events so that the organisers can concentrate on guest speakers and last-minute details; a fabulous photographer who can help us showcase HIC events; a team of researchers to brainstorm and plan new events, and storytellers to help promote HIC’s work to the international community. As we come out of the pandemic, we’re looking to reestablish our volunteer group to help us plan for the future.
A strong group of volunteers gives a more community-driven approach and increased competence, new knowledge and contacts, and a meaningful occupation for members of our network. Would you like to be part of our volunteer group?
How to become a HIC volunteer
Do you like meeting international people and helping them feel at home? Are you organised and reliable?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! We’re looking for:
- Register attendees on arrival
- Make introductions and make sure that all attendees are looked after
- Supervise refreshments
- Help with clearing up at the end of events
- Take event photos for use on HIC social media & website
- Record your stories about your experience with HIC, for use on HIC social media & website
- Research future HIC events, help with planning & implementation
Welcome to email email@example.com, explaining a little bit about yourself and stating which position(s) you are interested in. Thank you!