Volunteering is a perfect way of getting to know new people and expand your network, essential when you move to a new country. Volunteers bring an organisation a fresh perspective, different skills and new ideas, while individuals can benefit from the companionship and sense of satisfaction found in shared activities.
We have a wonderful pool of volunteers to call on, which frees up time at events so that the organisers can concentrate on guest speakers and last-minute details; a fabulous photographer who can help us showcase HIC events; a new type of volunteer-led event called “HIC Excursions”; a team of researchers to brainstorm and plan new events, and storytellers to help promote the HIC brand.
It’s given us a more community-driven approach and increased competence, knowledge and contacts as well as creating a meaningful occupation for members of our network. A new phase for HIC and an exciting way forward!
How to become a HIC volunteer
Do you like meeting international people and helping them feel at home? Are you organised and reliable? 🌍👍
If so, we’d love to hear from you! We’re looking for:
Event helpers 👋
- Register attendees on arrival
- Make introductions and make sure that all attendees are looked after
- Supervise refreshments
- Help with clearing up at the end of events
Event photographer 📸
- Take event photos for use on HIC social media & website
- Record your stories about your experience with HIC, for use on HIC social media & website
Event researcher 🔎
- Research future HIC events, help with planning & implementation
Welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining a little bit about yourself and stating which position(s) you are interested in. Thank you!