Why does our region need international talent?
What networks and initiatives are available to support it?
How can HIC help your company attract and retain your international recruitment investment?
How can our network facilitate your internationalisation and export processes?
- Helsingborg International Connections (HIC) is an on-and-offline meeting place for English-speaking expats in Helsingborg and the wider Öresund Region. We have been working to support international residents in this region since the beginning of 2014. Our events help build bridges among the HIC network, Helsingborg Stad and the business community. Our members and contacts include CEOs, management consultants, entrepreneurs, “love immigrants”, students, pensioners, refugees, seekers of work/life balance and many more
- We aim to create opportunities for social and professional networking in a variety of settings. HIC events are held in English to ensure that as many internationals as possible can communicate in a common language. Our topics are varied but all have one theme – a desire to inform, enrich, connect and empower
- We know that our network makes a difference. Let us show you how we can help your local or international business, your international employees and build a strong future for this region: HIC, the “one-stop shop” for expat relocation, networking and soft landing services! We look forward to meeting you!
- HIC introduction
- Claes Malmberg (Helsingborgs Stad)
- Jeremie Poirier (THINK Accelerate, #GrowHbg)
- Tim Washington (Walk Consulting & THINK mentor)
- Mårten Bernstad (anyhap)
- Fairooz Al-Tamimi (Innovation Skåne)
- WiTEC representative
Guest Speakers – We are delighted to introduce Claes Malmberg, manager of Näringslivs Utveckling (Business Enterprise Development) at Helsingborgs Stad and Jeremie Poirier, director of International Strategy & Start-up Development at THINK Accelerate and co-founder of #GrowHbg to talk about the local business climate and the importance of international entrepreneurs in Helsingborg and the wider region. They will be followed by Tim Washington of Walk Consulting, a THINK mentor, and Mårten Bernstad of anyhap, a THINK Accelerate start-up and mentee.
After the break we will listen to the very inspiring Fairooz Al-Tamimi, today talking on behalf of Innovation Skåne, and a representative from WiTEC who will tell us about an exciting project called Mind The Gap, designed to introduce more young women to STEM careers (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths).
This event will be ideal for members of the region’s business community, individual and budding entrepreneurs, HIC members and friends, and everyone interested in what our local international community has to offer.
Address: Drottninggatan 7A, 252 21 Helsingborg
Public transport: Nearest bus stop is Helsingborg Rådhuset and Helsingborg C train station is a 5 minute walk away